Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 26 Ahome

Hey everybody. 
This week was a really good week for me. Here´s the highlights.

We have a perfect investigator finally. Her name is Trini and she has been to church 3 times in a row now and is progressing faster than anyone I´ve ever seen on the mission. If you remember back a few weeks ago when I said someone invited us in after we simply said "buenos tardes", that was Trini.

The house was a zoo this week. We found an iguana on my comp´s bed, and a cat had babies near the pool in the back of our house. (yes, we have a pool, pool parties every p-day! haha) My comp almost got stung by a scorpion in the kitchen while he was washing dishes. Also, I went on a cucaracha killing spree with over 50 of them that live where the water drains outside.

This week, I feel my ability to teach effectively increased dramatically. Ever since a lesson on Thursday with Trini, I have felt the spirit so much more in the lessons. It is because I changed my mind-set a little bit. I have always cared for the investigators, but now I imagine the investigators as one of my best friends from back home and I want them to accept the gospel in their lives. It´s something that works really good for me.

The weeks are getting faster it seems, the heat doesn´t seem too bad,  I am 25% done with the mission already, and we have una investigadora de oro. Everything is going real positive for me here in Ahome. Have a good week everybody!

-Elder Steele
We Live in a ZOO...
This first one will make mom sick. !CUCARACHAS! 
There were 11 in the shower. Most of them I found outside the house where we drain the water from the laundry machine. After I took the picture I found more. There were more than 50 in total.

This next one we found in my comps bed. ¡Iguana! 
We cought it in a box and then let it outside.

This one is the most dangerous. ¡Alacrán! (scorpion) 
My comp almost got stung by it while he was washing the dishes. He didn´t notice it. 


The last one. ¡Gatitos! 
A cat had some babies in our patio.


Here´s another picture. It´s an attempt of the whole zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment