Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 41 Villa Bonita

Hey everybody! This week was a pretty good one. We had a baptism on Tuesday! When we got there on Tuesday to start filling the font, we noticed that there was no water in the church, so we found an old hose that we connected to the mission office´s water. It wasn´t long enough, so we used that hose to fill buckets and with those buckets we filled the font for the next 3, almost 4 hours. It was all worth it in the end.
The kid that got baptized, Chuy, invited a lot of people to his baptism and it was really nice to see so many non-members there. They all felt the spirit and Chuy´s grand-parents were crying. The members got so excited to see them too and they were very friendly. We took advantage of the moment that the members were motivated in the mission work and we showed an awesome Mormon Messages Video and then asked referalls from the members and we got about 22.
We visited some of the referalls during the week. Chuy´s grandparents told us they want to be baptized, so that was awesome. At a lunch appointment, a member invited two of her friends so we could teach them, and we are finding a lot of awesome people every day. Basically a lot of awesome things happen every day that make me glad I´m on a mission.
Not every day this week was exactly perfect. Late Thursday and Early Friday I got sick. I think the heat got to me and I got dehydrated. To avoid details, I felt pretty bad. The good thing is is that I said a prayer that I could recover quickly so that we could visit people. I rested for a little bit, drank a lot of water, and quickly I recovered. As soon as I felt better, we left, and that whole day we were blessed with amazing lessons and by the end of the day, I felt completly better.

I know some things that we´re doing that are making us successful. My companion and I get along really well, and we have faith in our area. That´s is how we are able to teach effectively, and gain the confidence of members and investigators.
That was the week, and here are the pictures of the baptism.

-Elder Steele


 The two that got baptized are Chuy (pronounced Chewie) and Yu-Yo (the little-kid). 
Elder Calvo and Elder Morrison are the missionaries on the left. 
My companion Elder Juarez is on the right.

The sisters are Sister Perez and Sister Palmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment