Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The plane

The first Mexican that I met sat next to me on the plane to Mexico City. Her name was Monica Islas. She was travelling back to Mexico with her husband and her three kids. She didn´t know much English, but we still talked a little bit. She could tell that I was a missionary and it was my first time going to Mexico, so she gave me my first souvenir. It was a fridge magnet that had Lady Guadalupe on it. She explained a lot of the symbolism, but I didn´t understand. She told me that the people of Mexico need religion and she was thankful for my willingness to preach the gospel. Later on the flight I offered her kids some of the candy that I had in my carry on bag. She was so thankful that she gave me her email address and phone # so that if I was ever in Queretaro, and needed anything, she could help me. I decided to give her the spanish Book of Mormon in my bag, and she was very thankful. I hope that everyone that I teach is just as kind as she was.


Gulf of Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment