Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 16 Ahome



Hey guys! 
I hope you all are doing great. This week was probably one of the most difficult, because we had some sucky things happen to us.

I´ll try to make a long story short. When we get back to our house on Monday, we found that someone had cut our power cables. We went a full week without power in the house. Every shower was ice-cold and dark, no air conditioner, cereal with warm milk, wrinkled clothes, we had mold growing in our fridge, everying just was annoying. It´s all part of the experience, and it´s over now at least. We finally were able the problem about 4 hours ago. We cleaned the fridge, bought new food, and it´s all good.

If you remember from my last email, we had 3 baptisms planned for Saturday in our area. Every one of them fell apart. It was pretty sad. I was super excited for my first baptism, Edgar had even chosen me to baptize him. Hopefully this Saturday or the next we´ll have the baptisms.

Friday was the day of the week that was the best because I was in Los Mochis on splits. I played basketball and soccer with some of the youth in that area. That was the first time I had the chance to do anything fun like that since I arrived in the mission field. The church has a ton more members in Los Mochis than in Ahome. We have two more weeks in Ahome to try to get some baptisms because transfers are coming up again soon and one of us is going to leave Ahome for sure.

Something interesting that I forgot to mention in my letter. Last night, we accidentally hitched a ride with a drunk driver. We didn´t know at first that he was drinking, until after we were already in he pulled out his beer. He almost hit a guy on a bike, and was driving insanely fast. We got out as soon as we could.

No comments:

Post a Comment