Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 17 Ahome

Hey everyone! 
Here is week 17 in Mexico. We got the power fixed last week, but for whatever reason the fridge broke, and it´s still not fixed. It´s not too bad though. We have a weird milk that doesn´t go bad for months. We should have the fridge fixed on Wednesday and hopefully it doesn´t cost too much.

Here is a story of how I followed the promptings of the spirit. It happened over a month ago, but now we are seeing why it was so important that we followed that prompting:
We were walking around El Águila in the dark looking for a man named Santiago. We weren´t having any luck and were about to give up. We passed a man in the dark, and as he said "Buenos Noches" I had a strong feeling. I told my companion, "He sounds like a Santiago" and I returned and talked to him. It turns out that he wasn´t Santiago, but a man named Leopoldo. He agreed to let us visit him.

He lives in a legit hut: Sticks for walls and palm leaves for a ceiling. At first when we taught him, he didn´t progress very much and was never available, so we stop visiting him for a long time. A little while ago we visiting him again and met his wife. We invited her to church and she came. She absolutely loved the church. Now when we teach, we teach their whole family which should be called a tribe because there are so many people. It´s been really great teaching so many people at the same time and having all of them accept our message. One person that we passed on the street allowed us to teach so many people our message.

That was the highlight of the week. My spanish is improving a lot. I can fluently speak with people as long as they´re not super old or drunk. People compliment me on my spanish finally instead of the opposite. Things are really good here. I´m excited for Sunday to talk to my Mom for Mothers Day, and that same day we have transfers, so that we be interesting to see where I will be next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment