Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 36 Last Week in Castillo Obregón. Now in Pioneros/Villa Bonita

Hey Everyone! Like the subject says, I got transferred again. I was only in Castillo for six weeks, so I was pretty shocked. Maybe it´s because my companion told the president that he wanted to die (finish his mission) in Castillo that he changed me instead of him. Anyway it´s all good, I´ll go wherever the Lord would have me go.

My new area is called Pioneros, but I live a little outside of Obregón in Villa Bonita. It´s a really nice area considering I´m still in Mexico. What makes it even better is that I got here at a great time. The elders before were just about to have a some baptisms, including one Jehovah´s Witness. That is the ultimate goal of every missionary in this mission is to baptize a Jehovah´s Witness, and I´m about to do it.

My new comp is Elder Juarez and he´s a pretty cool guy. He is from Pachuca, Mexico and has exactly the same amount of time as me. In fact we sat next to each other on the plane from the MTC to the mission field. He´s a great missionary and he´ll be a great help to me as district leader.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I´m the district leader of my new area. There are 4 Elders and 4 sisters in my district including the secretaries of the mission. I´m a little nervous because the mission president lives in Pioneros so that means no goofing off for me haha. It is a great opportunity though to progress as a missionary and leader. I´m sure I´ll get a few lectures from the president, but it´s a good thing that he´s so close because I can recieve more counsel from him than other missionaries can.

Over the weekend we watched the re-dedication of the Mexico City Temple. It was really cool. President Eyring, and Elder Holland came. In his talk, Elder Holland began and ended in spanish. It was really cool. His grammar was simple and correct, but his accent was super gringo. What it showed me is that he cares so much for all of the members of the church that he put forth the effort to speak in their language to tell them how much he loves them.

That´s about it for the week. I´m super excited for this next week and tomorrow for my first district meeting as district leader. I love all of you guys.

-Elder Steele

The last picture with my old District


Here is my comp and I with the Sanchez family

No comments:

Post a Comment