Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Birthday Poem to Dad

As a mom, I wanted to post this poem he wrote his dad on his birthday.  It was the best birthday present he could send his dad.  It definitely brought tears to his eyes.

When I´m a dad, I´ll be like you
I´ve many reasons, but here´s a few
You taught me what matters in life
You taught me how to treat my wife
Even times when we were really poor
Your children´s needs you wouldn´t ignore
At school sometimes I´d feel neglected
But home I always felt protected
I really loved the way you raised me
When I did good, you surely praised me
You jump at chances at the door
Even now at age forty-four
You taught me how a man should dream
The world was mine as it would seem
Your grip is on the Iron Rod
You really are a Man of God

I think he got the talent of writing poems from his dad.  They are both good men!!

No comments:

Post a Comment