Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Week 6 - Leaving the CCM- First area- AHOME



I don`t have a ton of time to write, but I´ll hurry and get the important parts.

I made it out of the CCM and into the field. I left Monday afternoon to go to Ciudad Obregón. I got there around 7:30 that night. We met Mission President Munive and his wife. We stayed in a hotel Monday night in Ciudad Obregón. I really like that city. Tuesday, we had meetings for a long time, and I met my new companion, Elder Coello. He is from Ecuador.

We left Ciudad Obregón at 5:00 and took a bus down 4 hours to Los Mochis, Sinaloa. We stayed in the Zone Leaders apartment. 4 guys had to sleep on the ground on one thin mattress. It was probably one of the most uncomfortable nights that I have ever had. I thought their whole apartment was pretty ghetto until I saw mine this morning. I wish I had their apartment.

My area is in Ahome, Sinaloa, about 30 minutes away from Los Mochis. There is dust and dirt everywhere. Maybe next week I will send you all pictures of the place. I feel extremely poor. I have never experienced living this way, it is gonna be very difficult. 

I thought that I knew spanish at the CCM, but I really don`t. Talking to people is extremely difficult, but the people are super nice and patient and willing to talk to me. I´m gonna have to learn spanish fast because there is no one that speaks English. Anyway, I´ve got to go. I just want everyone to know that I am here, and I´m working as hard as I can. Thanks for all your emails, keep than coming. I love you all.

The District departing the CCM

No comments:

Post a Comment