Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 18 Ahome

Hey everybody! 
This week was pretty crazy. Today was transfers: I stay in Ahome, but my companion, Elder Coello left to Huatabampo Sonora. My new companion is Elder Martinez from Aguascalientes, Mexico. He´s a pretty cool guy. He doesn´t know English at all, so that means 100% spanish for me. The mission president here wants all the Latinos here to learn English, so I will have to teach the whole district, because I think I´m the only American in the new district. It´s kinda funny seeing the Latinos get super frustrated with English when they give us a hard time with our spanish all the time. Now they know how it feels to struggle. Haha
The fridge story is the same. Still no fridge, and this marks over 3 weeks with no fridge. They said by Wednesday we should have it, but that doesn´t mean anything. I can´t wait for the day when everything in the casa works the way it should.
Because my companion is new to Ahome, I´m gonna have to do all the planning for the first little while and teach him the area. Right now, we are trying to help some investigators get married, and that´s been kinda interesting and different. One of our struggles is that we have a huge area, and in each small village in our area, there are only maybe one or two investigators. That makes it really difficult to visit all of them, and it´s frustrating when we set up an appointment and they are busy after we travelled all the way just to teach them.
Yesterday was an awesome day. I got to talk to my family on Skype. It was the fastest 50 minutes of the mission, but it was great. That´s all for this week. Happy Mother´s day Mom!



Here is a picture of where I think I lost my name-tag. 
I was feeding some cows, and I think it fell off as I was picking grass.


Here is my companion saying goodbye to Ahome


No comments:

Post a Comment