Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 20 Ahome

Hey everybody! It was a good week here in Ahome. The weeks are going by pretty fast; I can hardly believe I´ve already been in Mexico for 20 weeks. These last 2 weeks with Elder Martinez have been really great. It´s amazing how much a companion can impact your experience in the mission.

During this week:
I didn´t get to teach English to the district because we had an all day long seminar on Tuesday by our Mission President. Tomorrow I should teach again.

I taught piano lessons again, and I found out that I will be playing piano for a ward choir. They are relying on me to help them practice and prepare for ward conference. So I am basically the pianist and the choir director at the same time. I´m gonna keep everything super simple, because the melody is hard enough for them to sing. Haha

I had splits on Friday with Elder Reader. We hitched a crazy ride to Las Grullas. The guy in the truck decided to stop halfway there and he gave us some watermelon. We all sat in the back of his truck on the side of the road eating watermelon and he sang us some songs. We taught him a lesson as well, and it was a pretty fun experience. About an hour later in Las Grullas we taught the best lesson that I´ve ever been in while in Las Grullas.

We discovered a new church. I don´t know anything about it other than it´s name. It is called "Jesús es la Onda" Onda is a slang word that means the thing that is really cool. Imagine a church being called "Jesus is What´s up" or "Jesus is the Shiz." I thought it was a pretty funny name for a church.

We helped a lady "desgranar" all her corn yesterday. I´m not really sure what that means in English, but we used our hands to get all the kernals off the corn. Later someone will beat the bag of corn with a stick to turn it into a flour to make tortillas de maíz.


Facebook posts by Tere Hernandez 
At the church


Photos with sister missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment