Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 73 Jardines Obregón

Hey Guys! This week was transfers again. Me and my companion are still together. We have had a ton of success together. We had those 4 baptisms that I mentioned last week. In total, we´ve had 9 baptisms in 6 weeks of being together. Our zone had 14 baptisms in May, which is pretty good actually. It landed us in 2nd place again.

It´s always interesting that right before we have baptisms something bad always has to happen. It is Satan trying to stop the people from doing sacred convenants with God. This time, our investigator had a ton of doubts the day before her interview. We read her the interview questions, and she started freaking out about what we believe on Abortion and Homosexuality. She had a problem accepting those two things, she had to have an interview with President Munive. Also, the day of the baptism, some cholos decided to break into another church building. They broke the doors, windows, pulpit, pictures, baptismal font, piano, and some other stuff. They actually didn´t steal anything. They just caused chaos. The bishop of our ward works as a contractor for the church and they called him to go fix everthing. He was supposed to baptized all of the 4 investigators. (They were also baptisms in the other building too that day). So basically, we showed up to the baptism, the bishop calls us to tell us he can´t come.... But everything turned out good. 4 baptisms!!!

And my time is already almost up. I had to make a bunch of calls during my writing time, but whatever. These transfers were pretty crazy. Everyone was expected Elder Yoo to be assistant to the president, but President chose another Elder who was Jr companion to a District Leader. No one believed the transfers until we actually saw the guy with President. Poor new AP, he looks so nervous. Also in these transfers, they sent Elder Coello to our zone as one of the District Leaders. So that will be interesting. If you don´t remember, he is my dad, (the one that trained me). I will be sure to get mad at him as much as I can for everything his district does bad. The son is now the boss, hahaha. He should do a pretty good job.

I´m kind of stressing out for tomorrow. They assigned us to train during the Leadership Council Meeting. If you know me, you know that I don´t have anything prepared yet. We´ll see what happens tonight. I know for I fact I´m not as nervous as the new assistant though.

That´s about it for this week because of the time. Les amo mucho!!! BYE!!

-Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment