Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 78 Jardines Obregón

Well, this week was a little bit interesting. We actually didn´t do a lot of working because my companion still wasn´t feeling too great and we had a lot of meetings. We took it easy and it was worth it, because my companion seems to be doing a lot better. I also took advantage of my time and I learned the Korean alphabet this week. I don´t know when I´ll have to use it, but I feel a lot smarter now. We´ll have to thank my mom, because President Munive let us borrow his inversion table until it sells. We figured out today how to use it. I don´t really like it that much, it makes me all light-headed, but it´s not for me, hopefully it fixes my companion´s back.

So this week our new president, President Myers arrived with his wife. On Wednesday we had our leadership council. They are so different from President and Sister Munive. They seem to be really laid back. When I first met him he, he asked me where I was from, and when I said Kansas City he started talking about how good the Chiefs are. It was a little odd. His wife seems super awesome too. I´m pretty sure she knows spanish better than all of the Mexicans here. President Munive is different because he is super intense. When he walks into a room, you just feel the power, and everyone is nervious to be chewed out. I think that I´m really going to like the new president. The only problem is that they don´t know anything yet about being mission presidents, and they are basically giving the assistants the control to make all the decisions. So basically we still can´t drink soda. :(

On Thursday we had a multi-zone conference so that President and Sister Myers could introduce themselves to our two zones. Tomorrow we will have our zone meeting in which we will train on how to learn languages, with an emphasis on learning English. It should be interesting.

We don´t have much good news as far as proselyting goes. We were in the house all week almost and we only had 9 lessons. But we will be working harder than ever this week and will have investigators in church next week and baptisms within the next 3 or 4 weeks. We stopped teaching David, and will teach him again in August when he gets back from vacation. We did go to a baptism on Saturday of Karolina, who is best friends of Elder Yoo´s convert, Yahayra. They are both amazing converts.

That´s about it for our week. I forgot to wish everyone a happy 4th of July! Have a great week everybody!
-Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment