Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 81 Jardines Obregón

Hey guys! 

This week was pretty successful for us. Yesterday we had 4 investigators in church. We´re still working with Paula. She´s been to church 7 times and has wanted to be baptized since the first week. We´re just trying to help her get married. They want to get married too they just need to get motivated to do things. We actually contacted the missionaries in El Fuerte Sinaloa so that they could get her birth certificate sent to us. It should get here tomorrow. Then during this week they should get married and this weekend should be Paula´s baptism.

We kind of felt like spies trying to get the birth certificate of someone else all the way from a different state. We call up the Elders from El Fuerte. They tell us they don´t have money to get the birth certificate or to sent it to us, so we have to send them $200 pesos. We weren´t sure exactly how to send them the money so we decided to do it via Oxxo. It´s a little convenient store that´s all over Mexico. Apparently you can send someone large amounts of money from one Oxxo to another anyway in the country. But they actually didn´t let us send the money because we didn´t have Mexican IDs so we asked some random guy if he could give us a favor. Basically we used someone else´s name to send the money to Elder Cruz, so they could never trace the money back to us. Narcos could totally use this system to buy drugs from Sinaloa without getting the money traced back to them. haha.

We also have Juan and Elizabeth that are loving the church so much. It seems like they are getting closer and closer to getting married as well and we´ll have their baptism very shortly.

Here´s a fun short little story about a random 6 year old kid named Angel. I was sitting on the sidewalk wanting to die in the heat when I kid comes up from behind me and puts a toy gun up to my head. This kid was hilarious. He tried to get to know me a little bit. Then he asks me if I have a wife. I say no. He then asks me if I have a girlfriend. I say no. He kind of looked disappointed in me and I just laughed and asked him if he had a girlfriend. He says "Yeah, I do. And she´s 4" holding up 4 fingers. He then says "If you don´t have a wife, you don´t have a girlfriend, well, what do you have?" I didn´t know how to respond to this question so I just laugh. Then this kid is quiet for a little bit as he starts looking around. Then he says, "There´s girlfriends all over the place, grab one!" And he points to some girl walking by. I just thought it was funny how all this little 6 year old kid thinks about is getting girls. I didn´t even know this kid but he gave us a fun laugh.

That´s just about what time will give me this week. I love you guys and hope you have a great week.
-Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment