Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 11 Ahome

Hey guys! 
The weeks are getting pretty routine. I´ll keep this letter pretty short by only including the fun stuff.

On Tuesday we witnessed a police car chase, which was pretty cool. The police caught the guy pretty fast because they have big trucks that drive on the rough roads with no problem.
Thursday night we saw a dog that had been run over by a car and its organs had popped out and were sitting next to the body. It was pretty gross. 
On Friday we went on splits again, but this time I stayed in Ahome. We get yelled at in Spanish by this guy who was on a lot of drugs.

I had a little bit of stomach sickness again this week on and off, but I think I´m over it now. The food is brutal sometimes. It´s been super hot outside, and we always have boiling hot soup to eat. It makes me sweat so much as I´m eating.

The teaching is getting better. It gets more interesting the more I learn spanish because I can understand some crazy stories that people have. 

We have one more week until my first transfer. It went by pretty fast, 15 more transfers after that and my mission is over. I have mixed feelings about Ahome. I wouldn´t care if I was transfered or not. I like the people here, and some areas are pretty, but I don´t like all the walking, all the trash in the sewage drains, and I don´t really like my apartment. I want to feel like I had success here in Ahome, so I´m gonna work especially hard in this next week, just in case I end up transfering.

Photos of Our Apartment
This is where we iron and hang our shirts.


Here´s our shower. This is why I need shower sandals.
Scrubbing doesn't help.

Home Sweet Home. It´s amazing how much I´m used to it now. 
When I go back to the United States I´ll feel like I´m living in a mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment