Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 12 Ahome

The first transfers came, and my companion and I are both still in Ahome. Here are the highlights of the week.

Monday: We went to Los Mochis to eat and we fit 8 big guys in a small car. I bought new shoes already because I walk so much my old ones were broken.

Tuesday: Los Mochis again for a district meeting, and lunch with a lady who has un buen de niños.

Wednsday: Los Mochis 3 days in a row. This time for baptismal interviews. There are actually enough members in Mochis to have a youth group on Wednesday nights. They were all learning to dance to a country song, which was fun to watch. Afterwards, we caught the very last bus to Ahome.

Thursday: We went to Las Grullas to teach an investigator who showed up to church on Sunday. We did a zone fast on Wednesday night and Thursday morning, so I was starving by the time lunch came. Lunch was kinda disappointing. It was a fish with the scales and bones still in it, so we had to pick little bones out of our mouths. I´d rather have the boiling hot soup than Mexican seafood.
The best part of the night was on the way home. We had a stranger drive us the long distance back to Ahome in the back of his pickup. It was long drive where we could sit and relax and not worry about anything.

Friday: I had to speak in front of a whole bus of strangers by myself about the church. It wasn´t too bad. They probably didn´t know what I was saying, but oh well.

Saturday: We had to go to 18 de Marzo in the morning to get a baptism record that we accidently left. We saw un chancho the size of a cow. 3 men were trying to force it into the back of a truck, but is was stronger than all three of them. When we got back we attended the baptism. We haven´t had a baptism yet for any of our investigators yet, soon.
I finally taught piano lessons that night. It was pretty difficult because obviously everything is different in spanish, including the note names.

Sunday: Church and calling the other missionaries about transfers.

My training is halfway done. Spanish continues to be easier. I´m having dreams partially in spanish now, which is cool. I can speak spanish without thinking sometimes. 
That waas my week. Hasta Luego!

This is a picture of the girl that was baptized in our church building. I witnessed it. 
It was really cool, as soon as she came out of the water, the spirit came really strong to me. 
I knew that the Lord told me, as the witness, that he accepted the baptism.
The boy in the yellow is a Mexican Kaylor (my little cousin)

Lunch on Pday in Los Mochis with Victor our investigator
Those houses in the background are SUPER nice houses

This is a common sight in Mexico
Also, not in the picture, but to the right of it, there are 3 Mexicans trying to get a pig into the back of a truck. The pig is literally the size of a cow and is stronger than the 3 men. The pig got mad and started fighting, and it dragged one of the Mexicans on the ground, but the guy held on tight.

There is a dog here that we named Squashy 
I really don´t like him. He stole my galletas last week and he keeps following me. This is him.


Here is a cool lizard we saw
It is on the church wall. We saw it from the window of the baptism room.

Here is another lizard that we saw

No comments:

Post a Comment