Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 59 Villa Bonita

Hey guys,

It might be a little bit tough to write about this week because not much happened. We didn't have as much success as we normally do, but we started off this new week good yesterday.

Even though this week was kinda bad for us, as a district we did amazing. All together we brought 17 investigators to church, which broke a district record. 14 of them are progressing, which means that they have a date to be baptized.

Right now we are dealing with the classic problems of getting baptisms. We have to help 3 different investigators get divorced and then re-married, and another investigator we have to convince his parents to let him be baptized.

The sister missionaries in my district have a really awesome investigator that had told me last week that he didn't believe in god, but yesterday he wanted to tell me what he had experienced the night before. Long story short, he believes in God now. I've always wanted to teach an atheist, but they've never accepted to listen to our message.

Interesting story of the week: Yesterday evening we were outside of a house teaching a lesson when we noticed a kid walking in the street. He caught our eye because he was smoking and saying a ton of cuss words. He was a little cholito. When he passed by, I wanted to talk to him, but he just told us that he was a "Testigo de Goku." I asked the investigator if she knew him and how old he was. She said that he was only 7 years old. He must have the worst parents of ever.

That´s about it for the week. It should be a good week being the last one in the transfer. I hope I get to stay with Elder Alvarenga. 

See you guys later!

-Elder Steele



Extra letter to family:

We asked him..."What does Testigo de Goku mean?"

Elder Steele said..."Witness of Goku. Goku is the main character of Dragonball Z a cartoon which is extremely popular here. The joke is that he was rejecting us and making fun the Jehovah Witnesses at the same time."

Family..We asked him how often he does training being a district leader? 
He said...We have a district meeting that I have to train in almost every week. Tomorrow we have a zone meeting though. They didn't ask me to plan any training.

Elder Steele..."Transfers is next week already. I feel bad, because I have almost no pictures for these 6 weeks.
I can´t make up my mind if I want to get transferred or not. We don´t have anyone really "golden" that I want to see baptized. I just want to stay another transfer with Elder Alvarenga to do a better job training him. I also want to get the opportunity to be a zone leader. We´ll see what happens on Sunday."

No comments:

Post a Comment