Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 60 Villa Bonita

Happy Leap Day!

This week was transfers again. The whole district stayed the same except for Sister Patraca, who finished her mission and is now in Veracruz. I don´t know if I have said who all is in my district. 

My district is: myself, my companion Elder Alvarenga (El Salvador), Elder Poaletti (New Jersey), Elder Sullivan (California), Elder Funk (Arizona) (also, he is my grandpa), Elder Flores (Yucatan), Sister Cruz (Hidalgo), and the new sister, Sister Kinard (Alabama). Maybe I'll have a district picture next week.

This week was kinda lousy when it comes to our investigators keeping commitments. They all say that they´ll go to church, but only one goes. We have left a lot of investigators in these 2 weeks because they haven´t been going to church. There are now 8 missionaries working in our tiny area of Villa Bonita, which means it´s kinda like war over the referrals from members. We all have good investigators though, and obviously we are all on the same team. As district leader, it´s awesome to see so many chosen investigators at church from the other missionaries.

I´m happy to be with my son Elder Alvarenga for another transfer. President invited us to go to the Leadership Council Meeting (I´m not quite sure if it´s called that in English) It´s the meeting in which the zone leaders from the whole mission discuss how the mission can improve. That´ll be interesting. I'm working hard on trying to get at least one baptism for the month of March so that I'll have baptisms for 8 months in a row.

Thanks for all your letters. I love you guys so much. Have a wonderful week!

-Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment