Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 65 Villa Bonita

This time I don´t have any time hardly to write what happened this week. It actually was our best week of the transfer. We had 18 lessons with investigators and 6 of our investigators went to General Conference.

The conference was amazing. I loved so many of the talks. My favorites were those by President Monson, President Uchtdorf, and the closing talk by Elder Holland. I love the quote that he said that we obtain salvation even if we´re not perfect. God gives us credit just for trying our hardest.

Our investigators made us proud this week when they actually read the Book of Mormon. One of our investigators said that he had even asked God if it was true, but he felt normal. I decided to try to do it with him. We all got down on our knees in the lesson, and he asked God specifically if the Book of Mormon is true with the promise that he would be baptized in the church. It was awesome. We were in complete silence for about a minute following his prayer while he was waiting for his answer. He said he felt calm and peaceful, but not an answer. I makes sense that God is going to have him work a little harder to demonstrate his faith before he recieves his witness. Our investigator used to be a hard core drug addict. I am completely confident that he will be baptized soon.

I don´t have any more time left, but I want you to know that I love you all and I´m loving being here in Mexico. 

-Elder Steele

My old shoes.  Time for some new ones

 


I bought some awesome new shoes





This is Omar, my first convert. He is with Sister Sanchez. She was the first missionary who tried to teach Omar about a year ago. He completely rejected her. 
Sister Sanchez came back after her mission to visit. They are both happy.
We saw this the other night. I´m not sure what it´s called.  It was cool.

I saw this little kid again. He is Christopher.

This is the biggest Pitbull I have ever seen. The picture doesn´t do it justice. I really love pitbulls. In fact, I´m going to have a pitbull named "Lucas" when I get home.













































No comments:

Post a Comment